Have you ever been to a restaurant and ordered the most amazing appetizer or meal and thought to yourself “I wonder if I can make this at home?” Since I am one of those weird food people, this happens to me more than I care to admit.
Hands down, one of my favorite restaurants in the valley of the sun is Zinburger. You’re probably thinking, that’s weird, I had no idea you liked burgers so much. Well, I don’t. This place is just that good. Plus, I’m head over heels for their Veggie Burger & Farm Salad.
I’m also completely in love with their zucchini fries. The other day I had an intense craving for these (such a bizarre thing to crave!) So, I took matters into my own hands and decided to try to re-create them at home. I was pleasantly surprised at just how good these turned out. Naturally, I made the recipe healthier by baking instead of frying.
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with tin foil and set aside. In a bowl, crack open the eggs and briefly whisk them.
2. On a plate or tray, pour the bread crumbs and mix with the shredded parmesan, oregano, garlic, and add pepper to taste (if you desire).
3. Cut the zucchini into thin strips and dip in egg mixture.
4. Roll the zucchini in the bread crumbs and parmesan and place on the foil-lined sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minute or until the bread crumbs begin to brown.
6. Serve with warm marinara and enjoy!